Hobart City Deal
The Hobart City Deal is a shared 10 year vision between the Australian and Tasmanian Governments and the Clarence, Glenorchy, Hobart and Kingborough councils. Together, we will guide and encourage investment to leverage Hobart’s natural amenity and build on its position as a vibrant, liveable and connected global city.
Key Focus Areas
The Hobart City Deal will focus on:
- enhancing the Hobart Airport's role as a direct international gateway;
- solidifying Hobart's world class standing as a gateway to the Antarctic and Southern Ocean;
- establishing a reliable, sustainable and cost effective transport system;
- delivering a diverse range of affordable housing options;
- establishing governance to support better strategic planning for the city; and
- investing to support Hobart as a smart, liveable and investment ready city.
All three levels of government will jointly prepare an Implementation Plan within six months, which will set out key milestones for projects, timeframes and who will be responsible.
More information about City Deals and how they are developed is available here.
The Hobart City Deal is available here.