The Entrepreneurship Facilitator is located in Launceston and services the broader Launceston and North East Tasmania region. The Facilitator promotes self-employment and provides mentoring and support to individuals interested in starting or growing their own business. The Facilitator also connects individuals with existing support services in the region such as the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme.
The Facilitator has been assisting people by:
- delivering individualised mentoring.
- identifying the help an individual needs to start or run their own business and connecting them with appropriate services (such as New Enterprise Incentive Scheme) or other support (such as an appropriate mentor).
- running networking events to help people connect with other entrepreneurs going through the same journey.
- attending career expos and other events to promote self-employment as a career option.
- running events such as two Propel Startup Weeks (each week long workshop helps 10‑15 young people start their self-employment pathway) and a business incubator program (six week program to help a small group of young entrepreneurs launch their business idea).
Between 5 December 2016 and 31 March 2018, the Facilitator assisted 7,268 individuals:
- 280 individuals were provided comprehensive support.
- 6,988 individuals were provided general assistance.
Next Steps and Milestones
Ongoing: Support to June 2020.
Cost: $985,381 provided by the Australian Government Department of Jobs and Small Business from January 2017 to 30 June 2020.
The Australian Government Department of Jobs and Small Business.