Western Sydney City Deal at a Glance
• Realising the 30-minute city by delivering the North South Rail Link.
• Creating 200,000 jobs by supercharging the Aerotropolis and agribusiness precinct as catalysts.
• Skilling our residents in the region and initiating an Aerospace Institute.
• Respecting and building on local character through a $150 million Liveability Program.
• Coordination and innovation through a Planning Partnership.
• Getting on with delivering for the Western Parkland City with enduring tri-level governance.
The Western Sydney City Deal is a partnership between the Australian Government, NSW Government, and local governments of the Blue Mountains, Camden, Campbelltown, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Liverpool, Penrith and Wollondilly.
The Smart Cities Plan
The Australian Government’s Smart Cities Plan sets out a vision for productive and liveable cities that foster innovation, support growth and create jobs. City Deals are the key mechanism to deliver on this vision by bringing together the three levels of government, the community and private enterprise to create long-term partnerships. The plan for maximising our cities’ potential is based on three pillars: Smart Investment, Smart Policy and Smart Technology.
The Smart Cities Plan represents a new framework for city policy at the federal level – and it is a framework that will support action across all levels of government to deliver better outcomes for our cities, the people who live in them and all Australians.
Western City District Plan
The Western City District Plan, prepared by the Greater Sydney Commission in collaboration with the eight councils of the Western City, is the blueprint for the coordination of land use and infrastructure in Sydney’s third city over the next 20 to 40 years.
The plan implements the NSW Government’s Greater Sydney Region Plan at a local level, focusing on infrastructure, productivity, liveability and sustainability. The district will be polycentric, featuring a ring of university towns and a revitalised South Creek, providing greener, cooler neighbourhoods with housing diversity around centres and transit nodes.
Western Sydney City Deal Videos
Western Sydney Mayors on the City Deal